“Difficult” personalities threaten meeting productivity
We’ve all experienced Meeting Monsters at one time or another. Some common meeting monsters include:
- The Dominator, whose aggressive personality bullies everyone into silence
- The Rambler, who talks and talks, hijacking the agenda and going off topic
- The Complainer, shoots down ideas, drains the energy and kills creativity
- The Multitasker, checks her phone, answers her mails and fails to engage
- The Mute, who stays silent so you don’t know what he’s thinking
In this training, we roll-up our sleeves and face this taboo problem head on with kindness, humour and humility. After all, aren’t we all meeting monsters sometimes?